Friday, October 19, 2012

Hello all,

A quick note to say that our next meeting will be a Holiday Luncheon on December 8, 2012.  Details are forthcoming.  

I apologize for not listing the Sept. meeting as I was ill.  Just remember, though, that our meetings occur every third month (quarterly) on the second Saturday of that month.  The time and place are listed on previous posts.  

Anyone coming across this page, feel free to phone me, Sheila, with any questions, concerns, comments...  this group isn't just about those meetings, it's about outreach and information and support -- call if you're newly diagnosed with RSD and don't know where to turn, or if you're an RSD veteran just having a bad day -- or, really, anywhere in between.

I am approaching, at the end of this month, my 17-year 'anniversary' of my injuries which led to RSD.  I don't think there's an aspect of this disease that hasn't affected me in one form or another, and also, having been a paralegal, I know all about the legal issues that often come along with injury/disease, whether it's a civil lawsuit, a claim against government (beware, there is often only 60 days to file forms with government, for example if you fell on a public sidewalk) or whether it's a Workman's Compensation claim or a Social Security Disability situation...

If you're just having a bad day, call us for that, too.  We're not always available immediately, but we WILL get back to you.  Remember, we're pain sufferers, too, and we have bad days where we can't/don't pick up the phone!!  It doesn't mean we don't care.  

Hang in there!  And, don't bear it alone!




Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com